A collection of essays, short fiction, and creatively recounted moments in the life of a quasi-adult NYC queer.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Particular Type of Self Destructive

I woke around mid-afternoon, stumbled into the kitchen, cut myself a piece of leftover chocolate cake, poured milk over it and had the audacity to think, "breakfast." This thought occurred without a sardonic chuckle. Without a self-aware reprimand. It was just, "breakfast."
This is the quality of self destruction to which I so passionately subscribe. The id is a powerful force, and succumbing to it makes for better stories, and all I really want is a good story to tell.

2 comments:

  1. I'm imagining:
    1. Reading this without knowing what body wrote it
    2. Whether the tone of blog posts can be used to measure the author's weight.

    Actually, screw the layers. I just want cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big ol' picture of my fat self directly to the right of the post. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete